Bachelor of Physical Education (BPEd)
Become a Physical Education Teacher with a Flexible BPEd Distance Education Program
BPEd Distance Education programs are designed to provide students with a flexible and convenient way to become physical education teachers. These programs are perfect for working professionals or individuals who have busy schedules and other commitments that prevent them from attending traditional on-campus classes.
One of the key benefits of BPEd Distance Education programs is the flexibility they offer. Students can complete coursework on their own schedule, making it easy to balance work and family obligations. Additionally, many programs offer the option to complete coursework entirely online or through a combination of online and in-person classes. This allows students to choose a format that works best for them and their lifestyles.
Another advantage of BPEd Distance Education programs is the opportunity to study with a diverse group of students from around the world. This allows for a unique and enriching educational experience, as students are exposed to different perspectives and teaching methods. Additionally, the online format allows students to collaborate and connect with their peers globally, expanding their professional network.
BPEd Distance Education programs also provide a wide range of specializations to choose from, such as Adapted Physical Education, Sports Science, and Health Education. These specializations will help students to develop their knowledge and skills in the specific area of Physical Education and make them more marketable in the job market.
Earn your Bachelor of Physical Education degree on your own schedule with our BPEd Distance Education program. Perfect for working professionals or busy individuals. Wide range of specializations available including Adapted Physical Education, Sports Science, and Health Education. Take the first step towards a fulfilling career in physical education today!
BPEd Programme Highlights
|Course Name||Bachelor of Physical Education|
|Course Stream||Health Sciences|
|Course Duration||3-4 Years|
|Selection Procedure||Merit & Entrance Exam Based|
|B.P.Ed Course Fees||INR 10,000-60,000 LPA|
|B.P.Ed Jobs||Sports Trainer, Gym Trainer, Yoga Trainer, Coach Commentator, Sports Journalist etc.|
|B.P.Ed Salary||INR 2,50,000-INR 5,00,000 LPA|
Why study BPEd Course?
- Career opportunities: Pursuing a B.P.Ed course can lead to career opportunities as a physical education teacher, sports coach, sports manager, sports journalist, or fitness trainer.
- Minimum qualification requirement: B.P.Ed is the minimum qualification required to become a physical education teacher in India. Therefore, individuals who aspire to become teachers in this field should consider pursuing a B.P.Ed course.
- Personal development: Pursuing a B.P.Ed course can also help individuals develop important life skills such as leadership, teamwork, communication, and problem-solving.
- Contribution to society: As physical education teachers or sports coaches, B.P.Ed graduates can contribute to society by promoting an active and healthy lifestyle among students.
- Interest in sports and fitness: B.P.Ed is a course meant for individuals who have a keen interest in sports and fitness and want to make a career in this field.
- Professional development: B.P.Ed courses provide students with the necessary skills and knowledge to become competent physical education teachers and coaches.
- Practical training: B.P.Ed courses also provide practical training to students, which helps them gain hands-on experience in teaching and coaching.
Who should study for a BPEd?
Here are some points to consider regarding who should study for a B.P.Ed course:
- Those who have a passion for sports and fitness: B.P.Ed is a course meant for individuals who have a keen interest in sports and fitness and want to make a career in this field.
- For those who want to become physical education teachers: B.P.Ed is the minimum qualification required to become a physical education teacher in India. Therefore, individuals who aspire to become teachers in this field should consider pursuing a B.P.Ed course.
- Those who want to become sports coaches: B.P.Ed also prepares individuals to become sports coaches in various sports such as athletics, football, basketball, and more.
- Those who want to work in the sports industry: B.P.Ed graduates can also work in the sports industry in various fields such as sports management, sports journalism, and fitness training.
- Those who want to develop leadership and teamwork skills: Pursuing a B.P.Ed course also helps individuals develop important life skills such as leadership, teamwork, and communication.
- Those who meet the eligibility criteria: To pursue a B.P.Ed course, candidates should have completed 10+2 education and be at least 19 years of age at the time of admission. Additionally, candidates should have a good level of physical fitness.
When to study a BPEd Course?
Here are some points to consider regarding when to study a B.P.Ed course:
- After completing 10+2 education: B.P.Ed is an undergraduate program that can be pursued after completing 10+2 education from a recognized board.
- Minimum age requirement: Candidates should be at least 19 years of age at the time of admission.
- Fitness level: Candidates should have a good level of physical fitness and be able to perform physical activities and exercises.
- Interest in sports and fitness: Candidates should have a keen interest in sports and fitness, and a desire to become a physical education teacher or coach.
- Career prospects: Pursuing a B.P.Ed course can lead to career opportunities in teaching, coaching, sports management, and other related fields.
- Availability of courses: Candidates should also consider the availability of B.P.Ed courses at various universities and colleges and choose a program that best suits their interests and needs.
- Entrance exam preparation: Candidates should start preparing for the B.P.Ed entrance examination well in advance to increase their chances of admission.
Types of BPEd
The types of Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed) programs that are offered in India include:
- Regular B.P.Ed: This is a traditional full-time B.P.Ed program where students attend regular classes and participate in practical training sessions.
- Distance B.P.Ed: This is a program offered by some universities where students can complete the B.P.Ed course through distance learning mode. However, students are required to attend practical training sessions at the study center assigned by the university.
- Online B.P.Ed: Some universities also offer online B.P.Ed programs that can be completed entirely online. These programs include virtual classes and practical training sessions that can be completed remotely.
- Integrated B.P.Ed: This is a program that combines B.P.Ed with another undergraduate degree, such as Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) or Bachelor of Arts (B.A). The duration of the integrated program is usually 4-5 years.
- Specialized B.P.Ed: Some universities also offer specialized B.P.Ed programs that focus on specific areas such as sports management, sports coaching, sports psychology, and sports nutrition.
Relevance of BPEd in India
The Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed) program is highly relevant in India as it prepares students to become physical education teachers and coaches. In a country where there is a growing emphasis on fitness and sports, physical education teachers and coaches play a vital role in promoting an active and healthy lifestyle among students.
Furthermore, with the increasing interest in sports and the development of the sports industry in India, there is a growing demand for qualified physical education teachers and coaches who can train and mentor young athletes. B.P.Ed graduates can also work in various fields related to sports and fitness, such as sports management, sports journalism, and fitness training.
B.P.Ed Skill Set
A Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed) program prepares students with the necessary skills and knowledge to become physical education teachers and coaches. The following are some of the essential skills that a B.P.Ed graduate should possess:
|Self-Confidence||Quick Learner Abilities||Critical-Thinking Ability|
|Self-Motivation Skills||Ability to Handle Pressure||Problem-Solving Attitude|
|Eye For Details||Wellness||Activeness|
|Endurance||Team Work||Ability to Handle Pressure|
BPEd Admission Process
The admission process for a Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed) program typically includes the following steps:
- Application: Candidates must first apply for admission to the B.P.Ed program by filling out the application form provided by the respective university or college. The application form can be obtained either online or offline.
- Entrance Examination: Candidates must appear for the entrance examination conducted by the respective university or college. The entrance exam may consist of multiple choice questions related to physical education, sports, and general knowledge.
- Physical Fitness Test: Candidates may also be required to undergo a physical fitness test, which may include activities such as running, jumping, and other physical exercises.
- Merit List: Based on the marks obtained in the entrance examination and the physical fitness test, the university or college will prepare a merit list of eligible candidates.
- Counseling: Candidates who have been shortlisted based on the merit list will be called for counseling. During counseling, candidates will be able to choose their preferred college and course.
- Document Verification: After counseling, candidates will be required to submit their original documents, such as educational certificates, age proof, and caste certificate (if applicable), for verification.
- Admission: Finally, candidates who have completed the above steps successfully will be granted admission to the B.P.Ed program.
To be eligible for a Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed) program, the following criteria must be met:
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have completed their 10+2 level of education from a recognized board or equivalent.
- Age Limit: Candidates must be at least 19 years of age at the time of admission.
- Physical Fitness: Candidates must have good physical fitness and be able to perform physical activities and exercises.
- Entrance Exam: Candidates must qualify for the entrance examination conducted by the respective universities or colleges.
- Other Requirements: Candidates must also fulfill any other requirements specified by the concerned university or college.
BPEd Entrance Examination
|Entrance Exam||Conducting Body||Mode of Exam||Exam Pattern|
|NERIST Entrance Examination||North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology||Offline||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) based on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology|
|BHU UET||Banaras Hindu University||Online||MCQs based on General Awareness, Current Affairs, English Comprehension, Mental Ability, and Physical Fitness|
|DUET||Delhi University||Online||MCQs based on General Awareness, Current Affairs, English Comprehension, Mental Ability, and Physical Fitness|
|JMI Entrance Exam||Jamia Millia Islamia University||Online||MCQs based on General Awareness, Current Affairs, English Comprehension, Mental Ability, and Physical Fitness|
|PTET||Rajasthan PTET||Offline||MCQs based on General Awareness, Mental Ability, Teaching Aptitude, and Physical Fitness|
|MP PET||Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board||Offline||MCQs based on General Awareness, Mental Ability, Teaching Aptitude, and Physical Fitness|
Popular Colleges in India for B.P.Ed Course
|College Name||Location||Course Duration||Course Fees (approx.)||Entrance Exam||Eligibility Criteria|
|Lakshmibai National College of Physical Education||Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh||3 years||Rs. 23,000 per year||NERIST Entrance Examination||10+2 or equivalent with 50% aggregate marks|
|Amity University||Noida, Uttar Pradesh||3 years||Rs. 1.65 lakh per year||Entrance Exam conducted by the university||10+2 or equivalent with 50% aggregate marks|
|Maharshi Dayanand University||Rohtak, Haryana||3 years||Rs. 24,310 per year||Entrance Exam conducted by the university||10+2 or equivalent with 50% aggregate marks|
|University of Calicut||Malappuram, Kerala||3 years||Rs. 15,000 per year||Entrance Exam conducted by the university||10+2 or equivalent with 50% aggregate marks|
|Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh||3 years||Rs. 25,000 per year||Entrance Exam conducted by the university||10+2 or equivalent with 50% aggregate marks|
|Panjab University||Chandigarh||3 years||Rs. 27,785 per year||PU CET (Physical Education)||10+2 or equivalent with 50% aggregate marks|
|Guru Nanak Dev University||Amritsar, Punjab||3 years||Rs. 17,050 per year||Entrance Exam conducted by the university||10+2 or equivalent with 50% aggregate marks|
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Anatomy and Physiology||Educational Technology and Methods of Teaching||Health Education|
|History, Principles, and Foundation of Physical Education||Organization and Administration of Physical Education||Recreation and Camping|
|English||Sports Psychology||Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education|
|Environmental Studies||Kinesiology and Biomechanics||Physiology of Exercise|
|Computer Education||Sports Training||Officiating and Coaching of Physical Education|
|Yoga Education||Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation||Olympic Education and Sports Journalism|
|Games and Sports (Basketball, Volleyball, Football, Handball, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Cricket, Badminton, Tennis)||Games and Sports (Athletics, Gymnastics, Judo, Boxing, Wrestling, Weightlifting, Hockey, Swimming)||Games and Sports (Track and Field Events, Yoga, Martial Arts, Adventure Sports)|
|Physical Fitness and Wellness Management||Physical Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription||Internship/Practicum|
BPEd Reference Books
|Name of the Book||Author’s Name|
|Organization and Administration of Physical Education Recreation and Supervision||Dr. Neeraj Pratap Singh and Dr. Ajay Dubey|
|Officiating and Coaching||Dr. Balwinder Kaur|
|Sports Management||Prof. V. Satyanarayana|
|Sports Nutrition and Weight Management||Dr. Sandeep Bhatia|
|Yoga Education||Dr. Tarak Nath Pramamik|
BPEd Jobs and Salary with Career Guide
|Career Option||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Physical Education Teacher||Teach physical education classes to students, plan and implement lesson plans, evaluate student progress, and provide feedback to students and parents.||INR 2-5 lakhs per year|
|Sports Coach||Plan and lead training sessions, prepare athletes for competitions, develop game strategies, and provide feedback to athletes.||INR 2-8 lakhs per year|
|Fitness Trainer||Create workout plans, provide fitness instruction to clients, monitor progress, and provide motivation and support to clients.||INR 2-6 lakhs per year|
|Sports Journalist||Write and report on sports events and news, conduct interviews, research and analyze data, and develop story ideas.||INR 2-8 lakhs per year|
|Sports Manager||Plan and organize sports events, manage sports teams or clubs, coordinate with sponsors and stakeholders, and manage finances and budgets.||INR 3-10 lakhs per year|
|Physical Therapist||Develop treatment plans, provide therapy to individuals with physical injuries or disabilities, and monitor progress.||INR 3-8 lakhs per year|
B.PEd Top Recruiters
Here are some top recruiters and average salaries for Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed) graduates in India,:
|Top Recruiters||Average Salary|
|Schools and colleges||INR 3-4 LPA|
|Sports academies and training centers||INR 4-6 LPA|
|Fitness centers and gyms||INR 3-5 LPA|
|Government departments and organizations||INR 4-6 LPA|
|Private companies in the sports and fitness industry||INR 4-8 LPA|
BPEd Higher Studies
B.P.Ed graduates who wish to pursue higher studies have a range of options to choose from in India. Some of the popular higher study options for B.P.Ed graduates are:
|Higher Education Option||Institution|
|M.P.Ed (Master of Physical Education)||Lakshmibai National College of Physical Education, Indira Gandhi Institute of Physical Education and Sports Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, University of Calicut|
|M.A. (Physical Education)||Aligarh Muslim University, University of Delhi, University of Mumbai, University of Pune|
|M.Sc. (Sports Science)||Guru Nanak Dev University, Lovely Professional University, University of Madras, University of Kerala|
|MBA (Sports Management)||National Academy of Sports Management, Indian Institute of Sports Management, International Institute of Sports Management, Amity Global Business School|
|M.Phil. (Physical Education)||Lakshmibai National College of Physical Education, Indira Gandhi Institute of Physical Education and Sports Sciences, Alagappa University, Bharathiar University|
|Ph.D. (Physical Education)||Lakshmibai National College of Physical Education, Indira Gandhi Institute of Physical Education and Sports Sciences, University of Delhi, University of Calicut|
|Diploma in Yoga||Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga, The Yoga Institute, Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana, Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram|
|Certificate course in Sports Coaching||National Institute of Sports, Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports, Sports Authority of India, Olympic Gold Quest|
|Certificate course in Fitness Training||K11 Fitness Academy, Talwalkars Academy, Gold’s Gym Fitness Institute, National Academy of Sports Medicine|
|PG Diploma in Sports Law||National Law School of India University, Indian Law Institute, Gujarat National Law University, NALSAR University of Law|
Course Comparison: Bachelor of Physical Education v/s Bachelor of Arts in Physical Education
|Aspect||B.P.Ed||B.A. in Physical Education|
|Course Overview||A three to a four-year undergraduate course that focuses on providing professional training in physical education and sports, including topics such as sports science, exercise physiology, sports psychology, and sports management.||A three-year undergraduate course that focuses on providing a broad understanding of physical education and sports, including topics such as anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology.|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks. Some universities may also require candidates to pass an entrance examination.||10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks. Some universities may also require candidates to pass an entrance examination.|
|Course Duration||3 to 4 years||3 years|
|Course Fees||INR 20,000 to INR 2,00,000 per year||INR 10,000 to INR 1,50,000 per year|
|Curriculum||Sports science, exercise physiology, sports psychology, sports management, physical fitness, sports training and coaching, and practical training.||Anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, health and wellness, nutrition, sports psychology, sports training and coaching, and practical training.|
|Career Opportunities||Physical education teacher, sports coach, fitness trainer, sports journalist, sports manager, physical therapist, and sports marketer.||Physical education teacher, sports coach, fitness trainer, sports journalist, sports manager, physical therapist, and sports marketer.|
|Higher Education Options||M.P.Ed, M.A. in Physical Education, MBA in Sports Management, M.Phil. in Physical Education, Ph.D. in Physical Education.||M.P.Ed, M.Sc. in Sports Science, M.A. in Physical Education, M.Phil. in Physical Education, Ph.D. in Physical Education.|
FAQs On BPEd Correspondence Course
Can I study the B.PEd degree course through correspondence or distance education?
Yes, B PEd can be attained through correspondence too.
What salary package is a BPEd graduate can expect?
Fresh graduates can expect a CTC of INR 3.5 to INR 4.5 Lakhs per annum.
Is a physical screening test compulsory during the admission of a distance B.P.Ed degree course?
No, there are few colleges or universities which do a physical screening test, but it’s not compulsory.
About Us – Sri Balaji Correspondence College
Sri Balaji Correspondence College of Distance Education delivers effective consultancy services to our students for a variety of professional courses.
We have been in the distance education industry for the past 8 years providing the best guidance and counseling to students. At Sri Balaji Correspondence College, we try to keep on par with the ever-changing sector of education. Our team of experts lets you reach your dream career destinations with the best guidance you have ever got.
We have tie-ups with top universities in India. Helping students achieve academic excellence by choosing the right college is our onus.