Bachelor of Science in Biology
Online Bachelor of Science in Biology (BSc)
Distance/Correspondence BSc in Biology is an undergraduate degree, usually, it takes Three-years to complete and is divided into Six semesters. BSc Biology course deals with the study of biological systems, organisms, living organisms, and their functions. The course focuses on biochemistry, reproductive biology, cell and molecular, studying different species, the formation of life, and other more. The distance Biology course offers an in-depth understanding of science programs such as ecology, environment, botany, biodiversity, and genetics. The course opens a lot of job possibilities in front of students in numerous roles such as Botanist, Ecologist, Biology Content Developer, Researcher, and Horticulturist.
After the completion of this course, students can pursue dual degree programs like MSc biology and integrated BSc as well as B.Ed. The main aim of distance education is to deliver education, knowledge, and instruction to candidates who cannot afford to attend regular classes.
Why Study an Online BSc Biology program?
BSc distance education helps pupils learn about preserving living and non-living genism. It also helps them understand the natural world around them and helps them be apprehensive of worldwide concerns.
- The maim of distance education is to deliver education to those pupils who cannot afford to attend regular classes, because of their roles and liabilities.
- Distance Education helps working professionals complete their studies without quitting their job simultaneously.
- An essential aspect of an online BSc biology course is that it provides you with the revised study material that instils the latest learning materials.
BSc Biology Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 from a recognized institute in any discipline.
- Students must hold Class 12th with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks with Physics, Biology, and Chemistry as compulsory subjects in Class 12th.
Scope of BSc Biology Distance Education
Biology is a wide subject with numerous sub-fields, and each sub-field has its specialization and its career option. The degree also offers vast openings to pupils in the field of Research and Development, Chemical industries and Pharmaceuticals, Environmental Protection Sectors and Public Health, and others. The subject equips ecologists, researchers, scientists, botanists, Horticulturists, environmentalists, and numerous further. Students can also pursue advanced studies similar to master’s, doctoral or postdoctoral degrees such as M.Phil., MSc, or Ph.D. in the same field. Students can also start with clinical research roles in hospitals and research associations.
Basic Documents to be required for admission
- 10+2 Mark Sheet and certificates
- An aadhaar card is required for verification
- Pan card
- Date of birth certificate
- Passport size Photo
Career Options and Job Prospects
- Pharma Companies
- Research Centres Government Hospitals
- Scientific Research Labs
- Content Writing (Science Websites)
- Biological Scientist
- Bio Fuels Scientist
- Associate Professor
- School Teacher
- Cell and Molecular Biology Scientist
- Biology/Science Teacher
- Animal Cell Culture Core Instructor
Is BSc Biology a good career option?
BSc Biology offers a large number of career options to candidates including taxonomist, biologist, and mycologist or one can go for higher education such as M.Phil., M.Sc., or Ph.D. in related fields.
What are the eligibility criteria for pursuing a BSc in Biology?
Students must have completed 12th in the science stream with Physics, Biology, and Chemistry as main subjects with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
What is the scope of BSc Biology Distance Education?
On pursuing a BSc Biology course, one can choose roles in both government and private Sectors. Students can also opt for post-graduation, Ph.D., or M.Phil. programs in the relevant fields.