MBA in Operation and Production Management
Online MBA in Operation and Production Management
A distance MBA in Operation and Production Management (OPM) is a specialized program designed for working professionals who wish to enhance their knowledge and skills in operations management, production management, supply chain management, quality management, and related fields. The program focuses on providing students with a solid foundation in core business concepts, along with advanced training in the latest techniques and strategies for optimizing production processes and improving operational efficiency.
Here are some key topics that may be covered in a distance MBA in OPM program:
- Operations Strategy: This involves the development of a strategic plan for the efficient and effective management of resources, including people, technology, and capital, to achieve organizational objectives.
- Supply Chain Management: This involves the management of the flow of goods, services, and information from the point of origin to the point of consumption, with a focus on maximizing efficiency and minimizing costs.
- Quality Management: This involves the development and implementation of systems and processes that ensure products and services meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Production Planning and Control: This involves the management of production schedules, inventory levels, and resources to ensure that production processes are executed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Lean Management: This involves the identification and elimination of waste and inefficiency in production processes, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Project Management: This involves the planning, execution, and monitoring of projects to achieve specific goals within a defined timeline and budget.
- Operations Research: This involves the application of mathematical and statistical models to optimize production processes and make data-driven decisions.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation: This involves the development of innovative solutions to operational and production challenges, and the identification of opportunities for growth and expansion.
Overall, a distance MBA in an OPM program can provide students with the knowledge and skills they need to excel in a variety of roles in operations management, production management, supply chain management, and related fields. Graduates of these programs may pursue careers in industries such as manufacturing, logistics, healthcare, retail, and more.
MBA in Operation and Production Management Distance Education Course Highlight
Some of the key highlights are listed below:
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||A Bachelor’s Degree in any Discipline. Different Institute might have some additional eligibility criteria.|
|Course Fee||INR 25,000 per semester|
|Average Starting Salary||Rs. 4 to Rs. 10 lacs per annum|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Genpact, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, WNS Global Services, Wipro Technologies Ltd., Tata Motors, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), National Small Industries Corporation Limited (NSIC), Heavy Engineering Corporation Limited (HEC Ltd), Ernst & Young, JP Morgan Chase, Amazon India, Accenture, Adecco, L&T, KPMG, Novartis|
|Job Positions||Operations Manager, General Operations Manager, Area Operations Manager, Plant Manager, Process Managers, Supply Chain Program Manager|
Eligibility Criteria for the Enrollment MBA in Operation and Production Management Distance Education
- Educational Qualification: The candidate should have completed a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution. Some universities may require a minimum percentage of marks (usually 50% to 60%) in the qualifying exam.
- Work Experience: Many institutions prefer candidates with prior work experience in operations or production management, supply chain management, or related fields. However, the required minimum work experience may vary from institution to institution.
- Entrance Exam: Some institutions may require candidates to take a national or institutional level entrance exam such as CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT, or the respective institution’s entrance exam.
- English Language Proficiency: Candidates whose primary language is not English may be required to provide proof of English language proficiency through standardized tests such as TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE.
- Other Requirements: Some institutions may also require candidates to submit letters of recommendation, personal statements, or essays as part of the application process.
Why Should You Study MBA in Operation and Production Management Distance Education?
- Flexibility: One of the primary advantages of distance education is the flexibility it offers. You can study at your own pace, and the online delivery mode enables you to access course materials and resources at any time and from any location, as long as you have an internet connection.
- Career Advancement: An MBA in Operation and Production Management can open up new career opportunities and help you advance in your current role. The program provides in-depth knowledge of production and operations management, supply chain management, quality management, and related areas, which are highly valued skills in the industry.
- Cost-Effective: Distance education is often more cost effective than traditional on-campus programs, as you can save on expenses such as accommodation, commuting, and other campus-related costs.
- Networking Opportunities: Many distance education programs offer networking opportunities through virtual classrooms, discussion forums, and other online platforms. These opportunities can help you connect with other students, alumni, and industry professionals, which can be beneficial for your career.
- Career Flexibility: An MBA in Operation and Production Management provides you with transferable skills that can be applied across a range of industries, including manufacturing, logistics, healthcare, retail, and more. This gives you the flexibility to explore different career paths and industries.
Further Studies After MBA in Operation and Production Management Distance Education
- PhD in Operations Management: A doctoral program in Operations Management can provide you with advanced research skills and knowledge in the field, allowing you to pursue academic or research-oriented career paths.
- Executive Education Programs: Executive education programs are short-term courses that offer specialized training and knowledge in specific areas. These programs can help you acquire new skills or enhance existing ones and can be completed in a shorter timeframe than a full-time degree program.
- Certifications: Certifications such as Six Sigma, Lean Management, and Supply Chain Management can demonstrate your specialized knowledge and skills to potential employers and enhance your career prospects.
- Postgraduate Diploma Programs: You may also consider pursuing a postgraduate diploma in a related field such as Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, or Project Management. These programs can provide specialized knowledge and skills that can complement your MBA in Operation and Production Management.
MBA in Operation and Production Management Distance Education Job Profile and Average Salary LPA
|Job Position||Average Annual Pay Scale in INR|
|Production Manager, Manufacturing||7 to 8 Lacs|
|Senior Technical Manager||8 to 10 Lacs|
|Floor Shop Manager||3 to 5 Lacs|
|Purchase Manager||7 to 8 Lacs|
|Business Process Manager||7 to 8 Lacs|
|Inventory Manager||5 to 6 Lacs|
|Operations Manager||3 to 6 Lacs|
|Strategic Planner||1 to 3 Lacs|
|Purchase Analyst||2 to 5 Lacs|
|Materials Manager||6 to 7 Lacs|
MBA in Operation and Production Management Distance Education FAQS
What is an MBA in Operation and Production Management?
An MBA in Operation and Production Management is a postgraduate degree program that focuses on developing managerial skills in the areas of production and operations management. The program provides in-depth knowledge of production planning and control, supply chain management, quality management, and related areas.
What is the eligibility criteria for enrolling in an MBA in Operation and Production Management distance education program?
The eligibility criteria for an MBA in Operation and Production Management distance education program varies from university to university. However, in general, you need to have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and meet the minimum percentage requirements set by the university.
What are the career opportunities after completing an MBA in Operation and Production Management through distance education?
After completing an MBA in Operation and Production Management through distance education, you can explore various career opportunities across industries such as manufacturing, logistics, healthcare, retail, and more. You can pursue roles such as Operations Manager, Production Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Quality Control Manager, and Project Manager.
What is the duration of an MBA in Operation and Production Management distance education program?
The duration of an MBA in Operation and Production Management distance education program is typically two years, divided into four semesters. However, some universities may offer the program in a shorter or longer duration.
Is an MBA in Operation and Production Management through distance education as good as a regular program?
Yes, an MBA in Operation and Production Management through distance education is considered as good as a regular program as long as it is recognized by a recognized university or institution. The program curriculum and learning outcomes are similar, and the mode of delivery is the only difference.
There are no reviews yet.